Outline of CDO API Application Development terms
To help developers decide whether the Cambridge Dictionaries Online API is right for them, we outline the terms specified in our Application Development Agreement below. Please note that this outline is not a legally binding agreement and is provided for information purposes only. Developers must fill out the online development request form and execute an Application Development Agreement in order to develop an application using our API.
- The API license is for one year, and can be renewed at Cambridge’s discretion on terms to be mutually agreed.
- Your application must carry a copyright notice regarding the dictionary content.
- Your application must use your API application key to access the CDO content.
- You cannot alter the CDO content.
- The standard fees for commercial use of the CDO content are:
Number of calls Monthly fee 1 to 3,000 calls per month no charge 3,001 to 15,000 calls per month £50 per month + VAT 15,001 to 55,000 calls per month £150 per month + VAT 55,001 to 100,000 calls per month £250 per month + VAT 100,001 to 200,000 calls per month £400 per month + VAT
- The CDO content is provided to licensees on an “as-is” basis and Cambridge accepts no liability for its use.
- A CDO API Application Development Agreement does not constitute a partnership of any sort, and does now allow a developer to use the Cambridge name or logo in promoting or selling its apps.